Monday, February 8, 2021

You might be wondering (or not) why no posts of late.

There are two real world reasons.

One is my New Years resolution. PS - I don't believe in New Years Resolutions but it happens to coincide with the start of the year so I will give it that commonly understood annual routine. Every year I review my business plan (I know, weird for an artist to say). Normally I do this in December but after 2020 I was having a hard time figuring out what in the world 2021 would look like because my crystal ball seems to be on the blink lately. Just the mention of 2020 and everyone nods in an unspoken understanding.  So I decided to focus on the nuts and bolts of the behind the scenes because there is a lot of what I had assumed was necessary overlap in tasks, often duplicating efforts on different platforms. And of course there is a natural resistance to some of this because it means letting go of something old, often familiar, in favor of new, maybe not so familiar until it's examined from the work smarter not harder paradigm. Stay tuned for the reveal to come soon.

The other is I tweaked my knee. I've been gimping around, getting utterly lousy sleep and hoping it heals without having to drag myself in to the doctor to look at it (my resistance is going where sick people go during a pandemic). The good (make that great) news is every day is better than the day before so it's on the mend and I'm getting around a lot better than I was so as it turns out it's a mere hiccup in the giddiup. Anyway, stay tuned. I'm working just as fast as I can at the moment (which admittedly isn't all the fast just yet but making progress).

No comments:

Post a Comment