Thursday, January 7, 2021

Another home portrait finished.

 


Watercolor on Arches 140# cold press watercolor paper.  

Normally I paint with Sennelier watercolors.  I actually only own eight tubes of Sennelier paints - their introduction starter set.  You can imagine how much mixing goes on to get the color range needed for any given painting.  I have to admit it has been a great experience for working with a limited palette because the by-product is all of my paintings have a similar color thread between them as if it was intentional.  

On this painting I dabbled a little with some Holbein watercolors.  It all started because I'm not sure I like the yellow I have in my Sennelier set.  It's a little to opaque for my liking which is a weird thing to say about transparent watercolor but it is what it is.  Maybe it's a solubility thing.  Either way, it's the first time I played with Holbein and I was very much impressed with it so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment