Saturday, February 29, 2020

"Quintessential Summer"


"Quintessential Summer"
Colored pencil on black cotton paper

I was thinking the other day how much I miss working in colored pencil.  One might ask me why not continue to dabble in it.  Well I might on and off but it's such a time intensive medium that I really can't dedicate the time required to complete just one piece which is why I am now working in watercolor.  It's fast, it's equally portable as colored pencil if not more.  Thanks to the dry brush technique I can almost achieve the same effects as colored pencil with just one area that I can't... working on black paper.  Maybe after I finish the flower series I'm currently working on I'll sit down for a good long draw in colored pencils once again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment