Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Quick draw, slow paint


I'm going to call this process "quick draw, slow paint". This was started during the Beaverton Art Mix "Quick Draw" competition. I had walked the farmers market just a couple of weeks ahead of time to scope out what was there to give some thought to what I wanted to paint to develop a sort of game plan so I could focus on getting what I needed done finished in two hours during the competition. I had a plan A and a plan B. What I did not take in to consideration was if neither subject was at the market that weekend. Neither was. Buggers! I had to quick figure out a plan C. In the back of my head I kept thinking keep it simple. As you have probably figured out I apparently don't do simple even though at the time I thought I was.  

By the way, I now realize there's NO way I could have painted fast enough to finish this in two hours. But I do like the end result so it was worth finishing after the fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment