Saturday, July 13, 2019

An interesting story.

I was trying out the new pens I just bought.  On the side was noted permanent ink.  On-line reviews had quite a number of comments stating the ink dissolved when any water media was added.  I had assumed it was the paper they used but I found out with this drawing in a watercolor journal, it's not the paper.  Turns out the ink really wasn't so permanent.  I contacted Derwent, the manufacturer, to let them know their ink isn't performing well.  It bleeds everywhere watercolor was added to the drawing.  You can see it in the picture above.  There was no saving this one... I just tried to use as little water as possible to add color.  

Derwent surprised me by first apologizing for my experience.  They asked me to send them a picture of the pens which I did and then replied what I had was their first run and have since been replaced with a better now permanent ink.  They offered to ship me replacements for the pens I had purchased.  I accepted.  The pens arrived today.  Not only did they replace the pens I had purchased, they sent me a complete set of their pens with the request that I let them know how they worked.  I've never had a company go to this extent to try to make something right.  I am impressed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment