Sunday, January 21, 2018

Mediums

While I love working in colored pencil, it is a slow medium.  We can't really get around the fact that collectors don't understand how much time it takes to complete pieces in colored pencil and they rarely command a price reflecting the time in them.  It is most definitely a passion.  Everyone I know looks for ways to speed up their process.  A couple years ago I began using watercolor as a foundation.  The methodology is almost opposite to everything else I know about painting.  I had to learn how it worked to use it.  In the process I began to enjoy watercolor.  I am now pushing beyond the expectation that it only be a foundation and am challenging myself to finish the pieces as watercolor pieces. It's an interesting journey to be sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment