Friday, October 27, 2017

An old, unused section of Highway 30

I took my little plein air group out to an old, unused section of Highway 30 high above the newer road located between Rainier and Goble (Oregon). The view is fantastic and this section of road is still pretty much intact although it's now covered in leaves, moss and fallen branches scattered about. I initially intended to work on just one page but the canopy above was intriguing so I decided to use both pages for the effect. I rather like how it turned out.

Watercolor and I aren't friends (yet) but I really like this. In retrospect it's too bad it's in my sketchbook with drawings on the back sides of the pages that I don't want to lose. And no, I don't think I could repaint it and get the same effect. Sincerely watercolor and I are barely on speaking terms so I dare not even try.

No comments:

Post a Comment