Saturday, October 7, 2017

2017 QuickDraw



A QuickDraw is a timed event.  From start to finish it's just two hours to make magic happen on site.  The thing I had not practiced for was the shoppers totally, completely blocking my view as I worked.  I normally have a planned approach to my drawings but today I had to draw in pieces, back and forth, all over the place.  Factor in the event folks did a good job letting folks know art was happening in the farmers market so not only was my view obscured, I was constantly interrupted.  Oh goodness.  I kept telling myself to go faster, faster, faster.  The clock was relentless.  Time ran out while my work was still in the mid-tone mumble stage but I will say I did better than my first time in the quick draw a couple years ago.  I have some ideas for improvement for the next time. I'm looking forward to it.  

Pen and ink and watercolor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment