Friday, August 26, 2016

Urban sketching in St Helen's - part 3

Click to enlarge
This week we visited City Hall in St. Helen's.  I've learned through experience to do two things.  First set my alarm on my phone so I don't lose track of time.  Second, take a picture before beginning to draw in case something happened and I needed a reference picture to fall back on.  I no more than got the upper half of the drawing penciled in and a food truck parked in front of the building obscuring the bottom half.  I finished drawing what I could and then head home when there was nothing more I could do without working from the photo I had taken.  I'm not sure I'm done with it so I'll ponder it a bit.  I badly want to add color but I'm sticking to the line work for the project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment